Tagged

July 13, 2007

I've been "tagged" twice in the same day (does that mean I have to do twice the tagging?!). There are so many parts of my life where I have to learn and remember new lingo/language (all the military stuff, adoption terms, medical language that Adam tosses around, the Hebrew that Noah brings home from his preschool) and the same extends to blogging.

Here's what I have been "tagged" to do:
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they have been tagged, and to read your blog.

Here are 8 random facts about me:

1. One of my favorite jobs was working on a ranch in Colorado. If you are looking for an unforgettable family vacation (or a GREAT summer job). Visit Rainbow Trout Ranch!

2.I wasn't allowed to eat sugar cereals when I was growing up except for the one week each summer that we spent at the beach. I always chose Fruity Pebbles (you know that scary, neon colored cereal full of chemicals and sugar). And guess what? I still eat it once a year when we go to the beach (but I don't do it in front of my kids!)

3. I danced with Buckminster Fuller "Bucky" when I was in fourth grade. I met Paul Simon when I was in eigth grade and he was shorter than me. I met the Prime Minister of Japan when I was 23 and he was also shorter than me.

4.I am competitive and compulsive parker. I get great satisfaction from finding a good spot and will drive around the parking lot until I get a "good" one. How lazy am I? Perhaps this stems from my lack of participation in competive sports as a child (except for the one horrible summer of softball).

5. I also have a secret desire to visit Dollywood.

6. I have eaten raw horse meat and it did not taste like chicken. One of the many Japanese food experiences I had as a teacher in a rural part of Fukuoka prefecture (JET, ALT 95-96). I have also eaten Chiang Mai "french fries" in rural Thailand...fried bugs and they also did not taste like chicken.

7. I have never had any broken bones or major surgeries. But I have survived a Brown Recluse spider bite, a DVT in pregnancy, a man breaking into my room, and getting caught in a serious flash flood in New Orleans.

8. I have a horrible habit of renting movies that I believe to be comedies but that were actually horrifically sad and/or disturbing (Cast Away, The House of Yes, and several different Chinese movies (Adam now refuses to watch Chinese "comedies" with me).

Now I have the fun job of "tagging" :

Angi, Jessica, Amy, Amanda, Jenn, Jan, Morena, Sarah (no pressure to do this...I don't usually do those chain letter things,but I have to admit that this was fun!).
Anonymous said...

That is too funny. I had just read your blog yesterday and this was not on here. I felt the similarity on the heat thing and the tie-dye thing. (I had posted both before reading yours, how weird!)

Loved your 8 facts. I won't promise a post of 8 fact (Just because I don't know 8 other folks who have blogs) But I'll let you know if I do.

Jan

Jessica said...

I don't think I know 8 people who blog either! But I'll try to do my facts. I'm thinking.

I was also laughing that I'm probably one of your few readers who was most impressed by you meeting Bucky (and didn't require the link to see who that was). ;)

The Solley Six said...

how do you have 8 friends?!!
i know 8 kids...but they don't blog.

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

I hope I still have 8 friends after this! Please do it to satisfy my voyeristic desires and don't worry about sending it to 8 other people! Nothing bad will happen to you, but then again perhaps my recurrent bad luck is a result of ignoring all those chain e-mails I get.

shelley said...

I loved your facts. I didn't hardly know 8 people, I think that's why you got tagged twice. I hate chain letters....hopefully this won't count as one.


shelley

R... said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it! Your facts were very fun, so I think you really did. :-)

Amanda said...

Great facts Lucia! So, I did mine and then I went to tag and saw that you tagged some of the folks I know...and Jenn tagged the rest!

Latest Instagrams

© Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish. Design by FCD.