More stuff

July 19, 2007

Just when I mistakenly thought this week couldn't get any crazier, Camille woke up looking like this A very swollen eye and infection thanks to a bug bite (poor baby just seems to be loved by all bugs and spiders). Adam went to the pharmacy to pick up medication for her and his car stalled out in the parking lot. Which led to a crazy search for a local mechanic (and you have read about our luck with local recommendations...wish us luck!). After dropping Adam's car off, we drove Adam to the base. The highlight of the crazy day was when Noah and I sat on the edge of the flightline and watched a ton of different aircraft take off while Camille slept in the car (with the air conditioning on). I didn't realize how many different squadrons are based here. I also realized during our lunch near base that it has been nearly a year since we lived on-base. Which was very evident in Noah's excitement every time someone in uniform entered the restaurant. "Look at their outfits!" Having spent his first three years of life on a Marine base, I think he just assumed all men wore camouflaged "outfits" or medical scrubs. And now after a year of "off-base" living it has become a very novel concept.

Update on Camille. Her eye got worse this afternoon with increased swelling (eye almost completely shut) and spreading redness so we brought her in to the hospital. I was especially concerned because of her previous history with skin infections (MRSA). We are back home now with more meds and watching her through the night. Hoping things improve in the morning. Not fun. Send get well vibes and let those darn bugs know Camille is off limits!

Michelle said...

Oh my Gosh! Poor Baby! I hope she is better soon.

Amy, Ryan, Aidan and Lauren said...

Poor little Camille! I hope her eye gets better very soon.

Anonymous said...

OMG, how awful for her (and you too). Hope all is getting back to a 'good' normal for you guys.

Jan

Ann said...

poor baby, that looks so bad and I'm sure that it doesn't feel good. I hope she is getting better. Don't know what bit her, but I've heard that dryer sheets keep those pesky mosquitos(sp?) away, maybe you can tuck one in to the corner of her crib(bed).

Anonymous said...

omg i know how that feel's i have that right now...it's very annoying to sleep with that,its the most painful thing to me right now :( i hope she get's better

Anonymous said...

Hi my daughter woke up swollen shut eye I was wondering if you could share what med the doctor prescribed for your baby daughter . Thx
de_ja_vous@hotmail.com

Sherry Go Sharing said...

My dear too today his eye swollen

Michennytan said...

Hello my son woke up around 2:41am to pee and see his left eye swollen, I was confused right now, if you anyone could share what l can used or to prescribed anything for my dear son to used.

Latest Instagrams

© Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish. Design by FCD.