Travel Photo Friday: Korea

April 10, 2009

Loaded up and ready to go in Seoul, Korea. April 2004. Namdaemun Market. More Photo Friday here.
Tara said...

My son looked at this and said "Wow, he'd have a hard time doing a wheelie.."

:0)

marina villatoro said...

you are definitely loaded up!!!!!!! i've seen a few people like that in central america, and they were riding bikes!
Photo Friday - Hope!

Wanderluster said...

I sometimes wish we were this relaxed in the U.S. without so many rules governing everything we do. I know, we're safer as a result of not carrying our household on the back of our motorbikes, but STILL - we need to loosen up.

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

No wheelies...lol..but these guys did move pretty quickly. They zoomed in and out of the market all day stopping to pick-up and make deliveries.

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

It is interesting to see how others travel in different parts of the world. We have done some things with our son that we would never be able to do in the States.

wandermom said...

That's an awesome photo!

And, for you american's commenting on this, next time you're on the freeway here, count the number of cars/vans passing you with furniture (particularly mattresses) strapped to them. Since I've lived here, I've been stumped as to why there always seems to be someone going somewhere with furniture on their car.
The same whackiness exists here, it's just in front of your nose, so you don't notice it :)

Mom2Isabel said...

Love these Friday Travel pics, Lucia!

Jen said...

Wow! I would not be able to drive behind him though because I had a mattress almost hit me on a bridge...not a big fan of driving behind cars (or bikes in this case!) loaded up with their household goods!

tjhinn said...

Wow~ I've sighted similar crazyness on bikes,.. but more horizontal instead of vertical.. saw a biker with 4 kids loaded up behind him once.. This one looks like it'll be hard to keep a balance! It looks like it's ready to tip left or right any minute!

Lorraine Akemann said...

These shots make Photo Friday so much fun - just seeing the quirkiness that exists, well, just about everywhere!

globalgal said...

I love these kinds of photos. Here in China we see this all the time but I'm never able to capture it on film!

Dominique said...

I do wonder how this rider keeps his balance!

Dana said...

You'll love Italy. I've seen similar loads, but never on a motorcycle.

Peter Carey said...

Gad zooks! I've seen some piled high but that takes the cake!

Rachel Cotterill said...

Wow, that's quite a stack! :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish. Design by FCD.