Taste of Home

April 12, 2009

It's Easter Sunday and I had hoped that we would be spending today in Louisiana doing what has always felt like Easter to me. Spending the day in the swamp, eating boiled crawfish, hunting for eggs, and gorging myself on these. But we just couldn't make it happen. Instead we ended up heading down the road to the local Art Festival where we were pleasantly suprised to find a very lively gathering of artists from all over the South East. We were also happily suprised to discover two of my favorite foods and proof of my Southern/Cajun roots: Moonpies and boiled crawfish. Not the same as being home, but still nice to have a taste.
Corinne said...

Those little things seriously do matter. I'm so glad you got a taste of home :)

Dana said...

Jeeeessss. . . I followed your link to the Gold Brick eggs and the Heavenly Hash and the Pecan Eggs. I have been gone so long that I think I forgot about these. That was a nice blast to the past. My mom sent Maddy an Easter care package that we haven't received. . . crossing my fingers that at least one Gold Brick egg. Dana

Karen said...

Hey, did you ever Hubig Pies?? I think I lived off of those in college ;)

Glad you had a nice easter. It was cold and rainy in Sicily, but today looks a bit nicer. The weather this time of year is just always crazy!

Kellie said...

Oh the moonpies. Yum! Your holidays sound lovely. I'm all-in-one-ing here, but this and the Passover Post just made me happy to think of your family enjoying this time together-reflecting, looking forward, just right.

Cami said...

That is a HUGE moonpie.

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

Yes, I love Hubig pies, too...they helped me along in grad school! And Dana, I am still waiting for my mom to send our annual package of Gold Brick Eggs and Heavenly Hash eggs. Hope you got lucky! I'd offer to send you some but they don't last very long around here.

craftymama said...

that cookie looks HUGE! and yummy!

Latest Instagrams

© Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish. Design by FCD.