Middle Age

March 3, 2009

The other morning Noah crawled into my bed, studied my face, and with a worried look he pointed to my chin and asked: "Is that a wart?". I calmed his fears and reassured him that I had not turned into a witch by explaining it was a pimple. But part of me wishes it was a wart....just doesn't seem fair....to have acne AND wrinkles at the same time. Is this what middle age means?
Karen said...

The other day Mahlon took a brown marker and put dots on his face. He then ran into the living room and announced to the group he had 'spots on his face just like mommy!'. How I wish someone told me to put sunscreen on when I was a kid!!

Anonymous said...

I hear you on the pimples and wrinkles thing. My doctor told me that getting "zits" well into my 30's meant no wrinkles for me. Huh? Here I am at 43 with a nice collection of both. Sigh.

Ann said...

that's so funny...if it makes you feel better I have acne worse now then I did when I was a teen....NO it's not fair...

Tisra said...

I'm in the acne/wrinkles boat too. :-( I have mine nicely "managed" most of the time with good make-up and Retin-A (which helps the acne and wards off wrinkles all in one blow). Jane Iredale mineral make-up don't not cause me to break out. I always thought I wouldn't be a vain one, but that was easy to say before the signs of age began to creep in. I'll be 30 this week, and having three kids has certainly made me age a bit faster than my 30 year old non-mommy friends. I also firmly believe that this last period of time here during a heap of adoption-related stress gave me my first grey hairs. Hopefully that won't continue! Yikes. :-)

tisra
www.bdhq.net

Unknown said...

Ugh, I don't get why in high school I never had acne or even in college. But now that I'm about to be 32? Bag over the face. I should not be this old and be dealing with teenager issues!

I feel for you.

Latest Instagrams

© Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish. Design by FCD.