Happy Birthday

July 4, 2008

Happy Fourth of July! And Happy early Birthday to Adam! We had a little celebration since we won't be with him on his birthday this year. Tomorrow is our last full day together. Trying to cram in lots of packing and family time....this whole deployment thing is starting to feel more real.
Laura Myszne said...

Good Luck Adam !!!!! Hope you have a great experience! And for you Lucia, Noah and Camille, hope you have an awesome time with your family during these next months!

Tisra said...

Breathe in every second of your last day! I pray that it seemingly lasts "forever" and that it gives you amazing memories to cling to while you are apart. I also pray for safety and peace and comfort for your whole family while you are separated.

The closest thing I know to this is that when Eric and I were engaged, he moved to Nashville for the job he still has now (ten years later) while I remained in San Diego until the wedding. 9 or 10 months. It felt hard, because it was- but that was long before kids and "real" life. We weren't yet "one" so it pales in comparison to what you feel and will go through, I know (I *did* say "that's all I've got"). But, my point is, that on the other side of the time apart- we were empowered! "We can do anything!" "Look, sweetie, we made it through!". And, the story of that time apart is part of the fabric of "us" that is strong and has a long history.

Anonymous said...

Im thinking of you all, I hope you have a fun last day together but I know its hard not to focus on "tomorrow". THANK YOU all for serving our country and for all the sacrifices you are all making. Safe travels for Adam.

Anonymous said...

Just thinking about you and hoping you are doing okay with all the changes in your life.

Jan

Clan Mac Mama said...

Lucia,
I TOTALLY understand. We are counting down our days until Charles leaves. I'll be praying for safety for Adam and safe travels for you and the kids to LA. I hope the time flies and you are all together again before you know it!
Love,
Tiff

Kellie said...

I'll be thinking of you all. I'm glad you had a wonderful day together!

Tisra said...

Thinking of you- praying for you- hope you're feeling supported and strong! And if you're not, well, that's okay too!

Tisra

Corinne said...

Oh man. Those pictures are fantastic, and I like that it was a celebration :) I will REALLY be thinking about you, my friend. GOOD LUCK!!

holly b said...

that is a sweet family picture to cherish. here's wishing good things for ALL of you! :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish. Design by FCD.