Picnic

May 4, 2009

I had busy plans in my head for the weekend, but instead we spent most of it in our back yard on the big rainbow quilt my mama made many years ago: reading, watching a woodpecker, munching on a hunk of cheese, and discovering what can be done with an old rake handle. It turned out to be a much better plan for the weekend.
Tara said...

I'ts so nice to just unplug, relax and live in the moment.

The quilt is so pretty :0)

Cami said...

Oooh, I really love that quilt! Looks like a fun moment.

Kellie said...

I love those found moments in the backyard. I so admire your ability to truly capture a moment in an image.

Amy @ The Q Family said...

What a lovely quilt! Sometimes, the simplest thing is the most fun activity of the day. :)

-Amy @ The Q Family

Dana said...

That is exactly how I'd like to spend my weekend. Exactly.

Martha said...

I see that blue 'boy friend' pillow. You should move that. I had one but did not move it. Sorry now that I didn't. It was the best for using as a wedge to prop up with in bed when I have a cold and can't breath. Quilt is great.
Martha

Weasel said...

Your quilt is amazing, and I think you put it to the perfect use. Good to just get away from the world by sitting down in it. Glad you got a chance to relax! Love your owl post. How lucky to get to watch an owl with her fledglings.

Latest Instagrams

© Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish. Design by FCD.