BYOB

May 21, 2009

The water is rising. Poor Adam made two trips to Lowes last night to get a pump for our backyard. The first one didn't work. The second one did. We pumped out the water and went to bed. Woke this morning to owls calling in our backyard. I was so excited. We've never heard owls in our backyard before. I woke the kids and we rushed to our back door to hear them better....that's where we were greeted with the sight of water. Lots of water. Quickly got the pump going again and borrowed a second pump from a neighbor. The storms are supposed to be steady for today. Adam is headed to a rent an even bigger pump and we are both keeping our fingers crossed that we don't lose electricity because then we will be moving furniture and getting to higher ground! In the midst of this, I am trying to clean the house and keep the Cardinal umbrella in place (gets blown off the bush every few hours). Also making a conscious effort to be less of a grumpy, bitchy mama. Sadly, it felt like I spent most of yesterday afternoon yelling at my children. Very, very ready for this rain to stop. And did I mention that we are hosting a luncheon today? I thought about cancelling it but now I am thinking we should call and tell them it is "BYOB"....bring your own bucket. We could use some extra hands around here and if the electricity goes out I am thinking we might need a bucket brigade.
Dawn Suzette said...

Oh my goodness!! As if you don't have enough on your plate!!
Wish I could pitch a bucket in for you!
Calm thoughts comin' your way from up north!

Corinne said...

OH NO!! HORRIBLE friend, I am so sorry. That would make me CRABBY too, you know that :) I pray for some dry for you and a break :)

morninglight mama said...

Holy moly, that's crazy. With all that you guys have going on? When it rains, it pours, huh?

*ahem*

That was really, really lame, and I apologize.

Manny said...

I hope things are much better by the time you read this - we're both thinking about you!

Latest Instagrams

© Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish. Design by FCD.