Recycled Menorah

December 7, 2008

Since we didn't bring many holiday items with us to Louisiana, we are creating our own decorations. Here's our recycled menorah. The kids and I made this menorah with toilet paper (and one paper towel) rolls, a large box, and magazines. We started by cutting out images we liked and then attached them with blue masking tape. This was much easier than my original plan for glue/modge podge. I cut out a couple of words that were meaningful for our family and attached those. Then we painted the paper rolls, glued on construction paper flames, and we had ourselves a colorful new menorah.
Anonymous said...

Oh, I like this very much. Have a very happy Hanukkah.

Anonymous said...

very inspiring. i plan to do something like this with my 4th grade class in sunday school next week. thanks for sharing the idea! - felicia sloin, northampton, mass.

craftymama said...

nice hanukkiyah!! i never know what to do with Hanukkah as a non-Jew married to an extremely un-religious half-Jew (if you accept such a designation)...

Corinne said...

FAN-tastic. LOVE it. My kids favorite holiday song this year is Hanukkah Blessings by the Barenaked Ladies. They call it "Spark" :)

Tanya said...

So awesome to see another Hanukkah craft on a blog! It's so hard to find cute ideas. Have a very Happy Hanukkah! :)

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

This is so fantastic! I love all the colors-your kids are amazing!!! I'll be linking to this.

Anonymous said...

Stumbled across this via Crafty Crow. Awesome! Perfect activity for a snowed-in sort of day (in Ontario, Canada). Take it easy this week. Sounds like you're having a tough time.

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

Alisa, please send me your e-mail. I want to get in touch with you.

Latest Instagrams

© Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish. Design by FCD.