Louisiana Traditions

December 28, 2008

Here are a few of my family's holiday traditions which I love.
Crawfish Etouffee on Christmas Day
Gateau Na-Na is my favorite holiday dessert. My dad would always pick one up on Christmas Eve during his annual shopping trip to The Kitchen Shop. This year Camille and I made the trip to Grand Coteau and had a nice visit with Jesse and Nancy.
Amaryllis in full bloom in my mom's kitchen
The big family holiday party and annual step photographs. The party starts with a big holiday lunch at Aunt Carol's house. After everyone has filled up, we head down the street to Aunt Christine's house for dessert, gift opening, and the step photos. After a couple of hours of visiting, everyone heads back to Aunt Carol's for a dinner of left overs and card playing late into the night. It's a crazy, cozy, chaotic family gathering and I wouldn't want it any other way. So glad my kids have been able to experience the holidays Louisiana style for the past three years.
Karol said...

I am loving following your family Christmas in photos!
Sorry about the Spy toy, but you can't wait until Christmas Eve Day to add to your list, 'cause Santa has a long way to go and his sleigh is probably already making stops in that part of the world where little ones are already asleep. Karol

j said...

looks so yoummy and fun with your family!

do you know the book 'petit rouge riding hood' ? it's little red riding hood on the bayou- how we know about Etouffee!

Colleen Lagarde said...

Lucia,
Thanks for posting the pictures. I am happy to see them, but also very sad. I wish we were there with you guys. The family pic reminds me so much of Uncle Elemore. And the crawfish etoufee- I can just taste it. We miss all of you so much Lucia. Thanks for keeping us up to date on La. Love you all. Colleen

Heather said...

The first thing I noticed about the last picture is how many people are wearing short-sleeved shirts! I can only imagine... :) Sounds like a boisterous fun time. Big families are such a blessing (I have 8 aunts and uncles and more cousins than I can count!) How fun that so many of you can get together for Christmas.

Corinne said...

I love the moving from house to house part. What a special time.

Anonymous said...

I would so love to have the etouffee recipe--looked sooo good!--Stacy

Latest Instagrams

© Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish. Design by FCD.