Painted Gifts

December 16, 2010


Amazing to see what kind of magic can happen with a few tubes of acrylic paint and two creative kids. I love all of the gifts the kids have been making this holiday season. They made the paintings for Adam using this tape technique. Painted pots for teacher gifts. And who can resist a brightly painted pine cone?
GBK Gwyneth said...

Oooh. I love those paintings. I think I may have to borrow that idea for me and my girls!

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

Yes, do it with your girls! I think you will all be happy with the results. It was fun to see how my kids approached their canvases in very different ways and I love how they now make our entryway pop with color. My kids are also now begging to get their hands on more blank canvases. Noah especially liked how easy it was to paint on the canvas...not sure we've never done any paintings on canvas before, but I now know there will be plenty more in the future. Happy Painting!

boatbaby said...

Gorgeous! I need to try this as well... but maybe in the spring time :)
p.s. Thanks for mentioning me on Ohdeedoh, I had never seen that site before. Lots to explore!

Corinne said...

LOVE the canvases! LOVE! I want to play THAT game with my children. Looks great :)

Nancy said...

The paintings are so beautiful! Love those!

Jessica said...

Love the paintings! I'm going to have to try that too. Thanks for the link.

Dawn Suzette said...

Neat! Neat! We love painting on canvas. Will have to try the tape. Those look so cool.

Alyson and Ford said...

So nice to have homemade gifts! I like the painted art work, great idea! Merry Christmas!

Alyzabeth's Mommy

katy said...

Love them! The paintings are just gorgeous.

Corinne said...

So, thanks to your inspiration, I just did this project with my kids!! I sure appreciate you blogging all these great ideas - kudos to you, friend :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish. Design by FCD.