Spaced Out

June 15, 2009

So our big trip to see the shuttle launch didn't go quite as planned. The launch was cancelled. Wish we had known that before getting everyone out of bed at 3:45am. Luckily a security guard caught us in the parking lot before we made the drive over to the Kennedy Space Center. We were all pretty sad, especially Noah. So instead of heading back to bed we headed to the beach where we chased ghost crabs, spotted Venus and Mars, and basked in the moonlight. Although we didn't get to see the launch, we still had a good time. We rented a condo at Cape Canaveral Beach which meant we could see the Shuttle on the launch pad while floating in the ocean. Probably the only time we'll ever have that experience! Waiting to hear the re-scheduled date for the launch and seriously considering a return trip to try it all over again.
Tara said...

I hope you all get a chance to see the shuttle. That has to be an exciting thing and something the children will remember always :0)

morninglight mama said...

Man, I hope it works out for you guys with a second attempt-- what an amazing experience!

Francesca said...

Oh, I'm sorry! I have memories of the whole family gathering in front of the TV to watch a launch at the time when they were aired: the foreign language, the incredible concept, to us it all seemed from ... well, out of space! Hope you'll be able to make the rescheduled date.

Jessica said...

Oh I thought of you all when I heard about them canceling the launch. :( Hope you can make it the next time! Lovely beach photos BTW.

Amy @ The Q Family said...

I'm sorry you didn't get to see the launch. I hope you will have another chance soon.

Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

I thought of you guys when I saw that the shuttle wasn't a go-
What a bummer.

Betsey said...

I was crushed for you and the family when I heard. Hoping you still get a chance.

Mom2Isabel said...

That first photo of the sea oat is stunning!

Dawn Suzette said...

Glad you were able to make the best of it! Floating in the ocean sounds really nice too! :)

Bev said...

Lucia,

Beautiful picture of the beach!! I have not seen a shuttle launch up close either.

Bev

Latest Instagrams

© Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish. Design by FCD.