Nasturtiums

March 10, 2008

These pretty little blooms have been popping up in our back yard garden. Summer gave me several packets of heirloom Nasturtiums for my birthday last year (thank you). We have grown the "regular" ones every year with success (in the cooler months in the South). They are an easy plant and great with kids....large seeds, quick to bloom, and fun to teach about edible blossoms (although a little spicy). I am really enjoying the heirloom varieties because of their smaller size and dainty blooms. What a pretty way to welcome spring!
Kellie said...

Lovely photo, Lucia. I hope your trip is really fun. We'll be sticking to CA, but I'll think of you up there in OR only a couple hundred miles north of us. Closer than Florida!

Latest Instagrams

© Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish. Design by FCD.