Swimming Success

May 23, 2007

Three days of private swim lessons and Noah is jumping in and swimming with his head underwater! This is the same boy who last week refused to get in the water much less put his head under water or even attempt to float. We are very proud of him and he is ecstatic!
And on the ride home from swim class we had another interesting conversation. This time about death. As we drove past a cemetery, Noah asked "Is that where dead people live?". I confirmed that it was and he quickly followed up with "where do they live?" I found myself saying "they are buried under the ground (if we had been in Louisiana it would have been easy to point out the above-ground tombs)." As soon as I said it I realized how bizarre it sounded and so did Noah: "Why do we do that to dead people? and how do they get dead?". Living with a four year old sometimes feels like living with an anthropologist or a person visiting from another culture. It forces me to realize that things I take for granted or consider ordinary aren't always seen that way.
Ann said...

YAY NOAH!!! Wow it didn't take him long to figure it out. Now you're not going to be able to get him outa the pool!!

Mom said...

Please tell Noah we think he is doing an awesome job with the swimming lessons. Maybe he'll give Nana a few lessons at the beach!

Anonymous said...

I'm telling you, Noah and Judson must be twins! I get the same questions. It really makes you think about things in a way you've never thought about them before. We get the "Is Heaven as big as this house" type questions too.

Jan

Latest Instagrams

© Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish. Design by FCD.