Spider Invasion

October 20, 2009

Big spiders crawling up our walls...luckily they aren't nearly as annoying as the flies. Spider construction: 1 small paper bag per spider, plastic bags for stuffing, rubber band for seperating the body from the head, paint, glitter glue, glue gun, and twigs for legs. Optional yarn for creating webs on the wall. Perfect creepy, crawly, creative fun for Halloween.Good spider reads: Spiders: The Ultimate Predators, Sophie's Masterpiece, Spiders and Their Kin, and The Spider and the Fly.

likeschocolate said...

That is really cool! Thanks for sharing!

Kellie said...

love these! I might just make the teenagers do some of these for family night!

Coleen said...

Love love love these!

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

Kellie, I'd think all ages would enjoy making these guys. And the webs...my husband spent part of this morning amusing himself with yarn web construction. Spiders are pretty amazing creatures when you stop to think about it or when you try to build a web yourself!

morninglight mama said...

Too cool!! When I saw it in my reader, I got excited for pics of some new-to-me spiders! :) I got that, but not quite what I was expecting. :)

Madeline said...

great idea! Thanks for posting. I think we'll be trying those at our house soon...

Cami said...

Those are cute and scary spiders! My kids would love them.

boatbaby said...

These look fabulous, what a cool idea - thank you!

Francesca said...

They are great! Nice project for kids (and daddies:))

Emily said...

Creepy and fun! I'm hoping we'll soon have spiders like these lurking around our house too. Sounds fun!

Emily said...

what a great halloween project!

kristin said...

oh! i think i might add this to lesson plans TODAY.

wonderful!

VH said...

Fantastic proyect. Love the legs

Thanks

Gail Bartel said...

These are amazing...this is my kind of art project. Love the use of twigs as legs. Isn't it incredible what you can create with the most basic of supplies!
Terrific...we will be making these at school I think.

parul said...

what do you do to close off the bag?

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

Thanks for all of the comments and hello to all those visiting from The Crafty Crow!

Parul, we used a rubber band to create the neck and just used tape to secure the ends of the bag on the head area. I am sure there are better methods that will make it a little more permanent. Let me know what you use.

Melissa @ The Chocolate Muffin Tree said...

Awesome---I want to do this even if it is not Halloween!

Latest Instagrams

© Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish. Design by FCD.