Locksmith, Plumber, and Chocolate, Please!

February 3, 2009

Ugh! It's 10:30pm and I really wanted to be in bed by now. It's been a rough evening with too much fussing and whining (from all three of us). I really felt like a bad mama tonight. Camille locked the bathroom door and pulled it shut as she left the bathroom. I tried but couldn't pick it open...any tips? And I just emptied the fridge of last week's old food, poured it into the sink and discovered that our garbage disposal is dead. It already smells bad, but I can only imagine how rank it will be by the morning. I will try to scoop out as much as possible, but any tips for repairing a disposal? I am going to make myself a cup of tea, scrounge around for some hidden chocolate, and then I am headed to bed.
Anonymous said...

Do you have one of those "key things" that comes with the disposal? It is made of metal and comes with the disposal. There is a hole beneath the disposal, stick it in there, and crank it around a few times. Look it up on the 'net; should be something there to "technicalize" what I said. Good luck.... hang in there, girl, you are awesome :) P.S. For the door, you need some bobby pins! Not to mention, you and your big girl can use them when they aren't lock pickers for your hair :)

craftymama said...

OH MAN!!!! what a night! no words of wisdom, but moral support going down to you!

Karen said...

HAH! Sounds like the day I had. After weeping in the dressing room (I'm a wee bit emotional these days!) I returned home and made a giant batch of chocolate chip cookies! Sometimes only chocolate can salvage the day!! I hope you found a bit ;)

Chinazhoumom said...

there is normally a little red button under the disposal - push it to reset...also ck your breaker to see if it flipped...
to get to the door - try removing the hinges...assuming you can see them...or just remove the handle - drame I know...Hope today is better

Tisra said...

UGH! One of *those* days?! I've had them. I'm not good at explaining the disposal things- but I have luck with them when my husband doesn't. There is usually a button on the underside (often red) that trips if there is too much resistance. Try pressing it. Also, take a broom handle or something to see if you can dislodge anything that might be stuck.

Chocolate is a must.

Describe the door. What kind of locking mechanism does it have. Eric and I now have a zillion ways to undo a locked door because this is one of Lael's favorite things to do!

affectioknit said...

Bless your heart - I hope everything works out all right!

Costa Bella said...

Hey! I just saw your comment! I can't WAIT TO HEAR about your life in Sicily. When do you move??Please e-mail me at costabellainc@gmail.com so we can chat! Ciao....a presto!

Costa-Bella

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

Thank you for the tips! I didn't know about that red button so I tried it this morning but no luck. Repairman came and fixed it...turns out there was a coin lodged in there! He also took a look at the door and showed me how to "pick" it with a credit card. So today is already much better than last night!

Dawn said...

Happy all is well!

holly said...

bummer day/night. glad to hear it's getting better!

Anonymous said...

Hope today was better. I always use a metal fingernail file to pick the locks. Don't know about the disposal. Hope you found your emergency chocolate stash!

Jan

Latest Instagrams

© Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish. Design by FCD.