Day 223

February 11, 2009

Only a few more days until this deployment is done. I can't post any details about Adam's return and technically he isn't supposed to even tell me the specifics. For security reasons I am supposed to be contacted by someone from his command, but that never happened. So we devised a little code to convey the information (how else am I supposed to know when and where to pick him up? or was his command going to just call me a few hours before his arrival? ugh..one of those frustrating things about being a "dependent"). Turns out my de-coding skills need some work! He's coming home a day earlier than we thought!!!

And not a moment too soon...things continue to happen....the car was dead on Friday morning, I discovered termites in the back of the house this morning, one very bad haircut experience (me), and poor Noah was in the emergency room again last night. He got some bad cuts on his fingers from barnacle encrusted rocks....he was trying to retrieve some trash that an older boy had just thrown into the water. He is fine now and just bummed that he didn't get to return to the park, but it was nearly dark when we left the hospital. I had a long list in my head of all the things I wanted to get done around the house but I can tell already that I need to toss that list out of the window because it's not going to get done. Things seem to be falling apart but we just keep doing happy dances around the house because "Daddy is coming home!". Thanks to all of you who have helped us through this deployment. Thank you for the the friendship, the phone calls/letters/care packages/blog comments, the food, the babysitting, the commiserating, the support, and the encouragement. We could not have survived this deployment without all of the help from family, friends, and kind strangers.
morninglight mama said...

Yay! Yay! Yay!

Really, is there anything else to say?? Yay!!

Unknown said...

That's wonderful!

Tisra said...

I'm so stinkin' happy for you!!!! I pray your re-adjustment to each other is smooth. Hooray!!!!

Tisra
http://lifetrain.blogspot.com
www.tisrafadelyoriginals.etsy.com

Melissa said...

Oh, yay! You survived. YAY! So glad you will all be together... :)

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you and your family...to be a family again!

Laura Myszne said...

Hope Noah already forgot about his visit to the ER. Even if it sounds weird, I'm excited too that Adam is getting back home. I admire you Lucia, for your commitment, your love to your family and your courage. Can't wait to meet you and the kids. Our offer is still open for anytime you wish/can.
Huge hug from another somehow 'dependent' woman who admires you.

Anonymous said...

You did it! SO happy there's dancing going on at your house. Can't wait to see reunion pics!

Jan

Corinne said...

That picture is fantastic and I am the doing the dance of joy for his imminent return. (not for all that other horrible stuff that we must deal with while waiting, of course!)

craftymama said...

morninglight mama said what i was gonna say- yay!!!!

i can't imagine how hard it has been for you guys...

Anonymous said...

Huge sigh of relief and the tears that seem to follow . . . Joy.

Latest Instagrams

© Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish. Design by FCD.