October 17, 2008
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
These plump little treats mean fall has arrived in our home (even when it is still 80 degrees and all of the leaves are green....fall doesn't look the same in the deep South!). The funny thing about these cookies is that I was introduced to them while living in Okinawa, Japan (another hot and humid area without the traditional autumn experiences!). My neighbor, Keri gave me the recipe and they have quickly become a family favorite. And since we always seem to live in tropical or semi-tropical spots these cookies have become our way of welcoming fall. These are easy to make and produce moist pumpkin cake-like cookies. Happy Fall!
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup shortening
2 cups flour + 2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp milk
2 cups chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla
1) Pre-heat oven to 375
2) Combine sugar and shortening. Add egg and beat well. Add pumpkin
3) Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and mix by hand until combine
4) Dissolve baking soda in milk and add to above.
5) Add chocolate chips and vanilla. Mix well
6) Bake for 10-12 minutes. Enjoy!