Blur and Focus

January 29, 2013

Luray, Virginia


Smudged branches, fences cutting into greenscape, and a cardinal red barn with crisp white windows. It all flies past the passenger window. I like the mix of blur and focus. 

Surgery is tomorrow morning. I am trying to hold fast to the moments of clarity and calmness that flicker past; trying to harness my eagerness to end this liminal state, while anxiety and fear mingle and muddy themselves in my gut.

Blur and focus: looking in and looking out.
likeschocolate said...

Hang in there ! Saying a prayer for you and your family!

Lou said...

I'm praying too!

Karla said...

Sending prayers and positive thoughts to you and the family.

Anonymous said...

Wishing you all the best!

Laurie said...

Saying a prayer for you...sending lots of love from the book club crew. (We toasted you last weekend at our SIXTH anniversary meeting...who knew where your little idea would lead?)
Laurie (and Hannah)

Unknown said...

Love the photo and the words and feelings behind it. Sending all my love and healing

Latest Instagrams

© Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish. Design by FCD.