Weaving a Rainbow

June 2, 2012


 One of the best things about being a parent is that I get to remember and re-visit favorite pieces of my childhood with my own kids. Sometimes I enjoy these experiences even more now than I did as a child. The kids have been having fun with a small loom lately...lots of colorful pot holders popping up in unexpected spots. I have to admit that I am also hooked on it, too. 

We have one cheap loom set (just frame and hook), but our newest set is a Klutz kit and it really is so much better. The loops come in fun, vibrant colors and the book full of patterns is very well done. I am actually ordering some additional loops and hoping they will arrive before our long flight back to the States. I am now adding a finger loom to our carry-on bag as a good, lightweight travel activity and the kids might have to fight me for it!
Corinne said...

Sheely LOVED that thing! I wonder where those potholders went...

likeschocolate said...

I loved these as a child, and on the last post I think I left a comment, but it was under my sons name Skyfighter-oops! Have a great weekend!

TEFL Ninja said...

I never had one of those, I had the one that made a sort of tube shaped woven.....thing.

But I reckon Son of Thor would enjoy something like that (as long as nobody saw him use it, we are very much standing on our Tweeny Dignity these days, in public at least).

Where did you order it from?

Charon said...

We had several looms too. Potholders in all colors lol. Thanks for the trio down memory lane. xo

Latest Instagrams

© Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish. Design by FCD.