Re-Creative

May 10, 2012

  

Bonne Maman jam jars are perfect for buttons and beads.

- Large aluminum cans for colored pencils and markers

- Icing containers with lids and labels for all sorts of things

- Apple sauce cups (can't see in this image) work well for paint and bead sorting 


This is what has worked for us for the past three years and I think we'll keep using this up-cycled approach to storing and organizing our art supplies.  I remember seeing a similar posting once of someone who found all sorts of good uses for peanut butter jars and so I occasionally save and use those, too. And I will always admire my grandmother's ingenuity at crocheting plastic bags into colorful and functional  baskets (must post pics of those when we eventually get settled and unpacked). But our little art supply storage system pales in comparison to The Repair Cafe and Wasteland. Both very inspiring and motivating examples of how re-cycling and re-creating can lead to beauty, community, and positive changes.

 
affectioknit said...

Pretty! I love Bonne Maman jars too...

~Have a lovely day!

likeschocolate said...

I too love the idea of the jam jars!

Latest Instagrams

© Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish. Design by FCD.