This is a fairy.

November 28, 2010

While I was working in the yard this weekend, Camille built a sweet little fairy house at the base of the tree in front of our house. She then marched inside, created this drawing, asked me to dictate the above letter, and carefully placed it inside her house. This morning she found a very tiny little note written to her from the fairies. She was ecstatic and so was I. It reminded me of Noah having a very similar experience at around the same age. And now that I think about it, it was kind of around the same time of year, too. I guess it is official: we don't do Santa, but we do fairies and I love that.
Theresa said...

Adorable.

Maryam said...

How funny! I just posted pictures on my blog of the fairy houses we've been making. These are indoor fairies, though, inspired by some Gail Carson Levine books we've been reading about the fairies in Neverland. Oh, and I love the letter to the fairy!

Francesca said...

We do Babbo Natale:)

Dana said...

What's the difference afterall? Fairies, Santa. . . okay, so besides the 200+ pounds?

Happy day.
D

Dawn Suzette said...

So sweet!
Our winter fairies have been visiting. The kids love it!

Nancy said...

Love this! still reading 'old' posts--can you tell? ;)

E also went through something at the same age--she created a leprachaun 'trap' (box propped up with a stick) complete with a "gold" coin to catch him with. The box did come down, but somehow that leprachaun escaped--still, great fun was had by one & all! (esp. the leprachaun, I can only assume)

Latest Instagrams

© Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish. Design by FCD.