A Better Day

June 2, 2006


We are very happy to report that Camille did not have the second surgery that was scheduled for today. Her fever is down and the ulcers in her mouth are part of a viral infection possibly caused by the breathing tube, stress, or germs in the hospital. We are still monitoring things very closely. Adam has done an amazing job in his duel roles of daddy and doctor...I don't know how someone who isn't in the medical field could clean out these open wounds (especially Camille's which is deeper than mine). Adam has been so strong, patient, and reasurring during a time when I know he has also been very worried and frightened (possibly more than me since he has the medical knowledge to know worst case outcomes). I feel so lucky to have him as my partner, my best friend, and the father of our two wonderful children. We are not out of the woods yet since Camille's infections are very serious so please continue to keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

The above photograph is of Camille with one of the wonderful nurses who has been taking care of her. We have been impressed and touched by the level of care and attention she has received.
kiwintaiwan said...

Lucia I am so happy to hear Camille is on the mend. Big hugs to you all. Well done Adam!!

Ann said...

She looks good with that big smile on her face. Glad to her she didn't have that second surgery. Will keep you in my prayers that she gets past all this.

Anonymous said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers - all of you! I truly hope the next few weeks are mending, recuperating, and restful. Love to you all.

Latest Instagrams

© Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish. Design by FCD.