Louisiana Cravings

April 19, 2006



This is the time of year when I really miss Louisiana. As the weather starts to warm up and the azaleas are in full bloom, family and friends gather in back yards for a truly Cajun event... a crawfish boil. Everyone sits around a big table covered with newspaper and heaped with steaming crawfish, boiled corn, seasoned potatoes, and cold beer. My Uncle Dan is the official crawfish "boiler" in our family and he is a true pro! My mouth is watering right now as I think about those crawfish. I have enjoyed eating an amazing variety of food from all over the world, but a Louisiana crawfish boil on a breezy spring day is by far one of my favorite dining experiences ever. It is an all day affair of peeling, eating, chatting, drinking, eating some more, and lots of laughing.

And once I start thinking about crawfish, I start thinking about all of the other Louisiana foods I miss...muffalato sandwiches from Cedar Grocery, oyster po-boys, Heavenly Hash candy, Gateau Nana from the Kitchen Shop in Grand Coteau, Eddie's famous steaks, my mom's roast beef and potato salad, and snowballs on a hot day.

The above photos are of Noah's first crawfish boil in the summer of 2004...he gobbled down those crawfish like a true Cajun boy! Can't wait to let Camille experience her first crawfish boil next spring. Happy Crawfish Seaon to all of you!

Latest Instagrams

© Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish. Design by FCD.