Summer Collection

August 28, 2013




Sand dollars and shells from Navarre Beach, Florida. Rocks from Macu Picchu, Peru. Fossilized sharks teeth from Calvert County, Maryland. We found some good things this summer. What about you? What got stuck in your pockets, buckets, or in the back seat of your car? 

I love the bits and pieces that find their way home with us. I just wish I was better about labeling/organizing/keeping them. I have a friend who puts little discoveries from their trips into shadow boxes. They have a wall of boxes filled with rocks, shells, feathers, and coins from all over the world. It's wonderful and I envy it. We, on the other hand, have plates, jars, ziplocks bags, and camera cards filled with finds but never put into any permanent state of display. One day, maybe one day, I will eventually do something big and fabulous with it all, but for now I am happy to have a white platter filled with summer souvenirs on a table by our front door.
likeschocolate said...

I like that kind of collection!

Karla said...

Love your collection….and the idea of a shadow box, too.

Dawn Suzette said...

Beautiful collection!
I love our Nova Scotia nature shadow box. I need to start a New Mexico one, then add in the rest of our travels. Love the idea of a wall of shadow boxes filled with nature!

Latest Instagrams

© Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish. Design by FCD.